Monday, November 15, 2010
To The Man Who Came To Dinner, Can I Have My Money Back?
Let me start off by saying that this play was boring. I do not even think that is the right word for it. To start, I am a big film and play critic. I went with Alicia, which was fun. We both agreed on one thing, and that one thing was that we had no clue what was going on. Seriously, I tried my best to catch on to the action, but it was so hard to focus. I usually catch on right away. I think the big problem for me was the acting. I know this is not Broadway or anything, but a few of the actors broke character so much that it caused me to lose focus. There was one actress that kept tripping over her lines and focusing more on getting them right then expressing what she was saying. I am an actress myself. I know how hard it can be to not forget your lines and all. The best character was Sheridan Whiteside, the main character. He was funny and knew what he was doing. There were many moments in the play where I just did not listen because some of the characters bored me with their monotonous lines. The set was really nice though, and so were the costumes. The play felt like it dragged on forever! When I saw that there were two more acts left, I almost cried. We went to the 2:30 showing Saturday afternoon and when we got back, we felt like our day was wasted. It was so long and dragged out. I barely chuckled at all, except for a few parts mostly having Dan Prevette and Elizabeth Charlton in them. What really annoyed me was the ending. It was sudden and anticlimactic. It felt so abrupt. I just read the description of what the complete play was about, and I obtained nothing of what was described of the play in the play. I want my money back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i agree and feel the same way with everything you said! even thought the play was all that he had hoped it would be, i still had a great time seeing it with you.
ReplyDeletei was really hoping we would get our money back doesn't look like it.