Monday, November 1, 2010

Nature

I went to Lake Bonny Park for this field trip, and I stayed there for at least 45 minutes. You know, it is rare that I get to stop and observe nature. Coming from Miami, there are not a lot of places to go to that have a lot of greenery. I love how green Lakeland is and how it is not a big city. I love how I could go and observe nature in a quiet area instead of a noisy city. I loved that I could hear the wildlife, like the buzz dragonflies make. I never noticed how many colors they come in. Of the many poems assigned to us, I decided to read the Bible verses. I found those to be more appropriate at the moment. I loved the Psalms more than the other verses. Psalms is the most poetic book of the Bible. I was remembering how we did a similar activity when we went to the lake in back of the school to read Job. I loved that experience, so I really looked forward to this one. It was nice to stand there in silence and just listen to God’s creation sing. Reading the verses out loud made it come to life. When I read it in my head, I do not get the same effect. One verse that stuck out to me was Psalm 19:1 “The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands”. I loved feeling the breeze pass by me as I read. It is one of those rare experiences that get to me and remind me that I need to stop being distracted with life and technology and other stuff. I need to just lay back and observe the peacefulness of nature to relax. It really helps me to refocus myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see the green trees sway in the wind.
My mind leaves the grey world behind not knowing where to go.
When I am with You, I cannot bring my thoughts into such a peaceful world.
I can feel the skies clear and the sun shining bright.
I hear a buzz by my ear and more in front.
The dragonflies glide through the sky.
There are birds that fly freely all around me,
I love how they know where to go;
There life is set and they fly.
The sun creeps slowly to my side,
But I rather it stay there and not move.
The colors it helps to cast in the bright sky is marvelous.
The water ripples through a small breeze;
You can see the small tadpoles if you look closely.
Nature seems so peaceful,
But even the animals struggle to live;
Yet they persevere and keep on with their plans.
I could only stay so long in such a world,
But I must go back to the other,
Never forgetting the feelings left behind that can help drive me to a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment