Monday, October 4, 2010
Like a Human Observing Fishes in a Bowl
If you know me, you know that I am a shy person at first. I have always looked down when walking in public places and do not talk too much to people I do not know. Lately, I have been breaking that bad habit. This “people watching” assignment was like a small challenge for me, to keep my head up and look around. I watched a lot of people walk by me. I sat on the bench in the path area where everyone walks by to go to their classes and also at the courtyard in Esperanza. There was this one guy who was talking to another dude and he was completely ignoring him and left the other guy behind. It was pretty funny. The dude got so mad. It was pretty weird, but then again, I have talked to that guy and he is pretty annoying. There were some people that looked tired, some people looked stressed. If you listen closely, there are a lot of girls talking about the guys around them and how hot they are. There was this one guy who said hi to this girl and talked to her for a couple of seconds and was being all sweet, but then when she walked away he told his friend how annoying she was. I thought that was pretty rude. There were a few people that looked pretty sad and needed a smile, so I smiled at them. Just thought I’d do that. If you look at someone passing by you quickly, you might miss who they actually are. It’s pretty weird, but I think that phrase is true, that by looking at someone, you just know who they are, except, you have to look at them when no one else is, and observe what they do and say. This exercise was actually beneficial in a way. It was quite enjoyable being able to observe people, not in a creepy way of course. It was just cool to stop and see how the world acts when you’re just sitting back and observing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think what you actually found out was that we need to step back and observe the people around us to know who they really are. The true person always comes out when they think no one else is watching.
ReplyDelete"If you look at someone passing by you quickly, you might miss who they actually are." That is so true. I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own lives, that we don't take the time to step back and invest some time in others.
ReplyDelete