Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Too Much Talk of Love

Love is such a confusing thing to me. When I was reading C.S. Lewis's work, a grief observed, I saw how much he was in love with his wife. It is really sad to see the heartbreak. I do not believe that love should be one-sided. I have seen so many relationships like that...one person more in love than the other. Love should not be forced. In order for marriages to work, there has to be an equal amount of love being put in. I do agree with C.S. Lewis when he says that “love is not the whole of a man’s life”. I am so glad he states this. So many people think that love is everything. That one person changes your life and the way you do things and whatever. Why would you want to change for someone? Love can cause so much pain too. I know firsthand. That is why I am not into love anymore. When someone dies or leaves you, it leaves you so broken. I can sense the pain that he portrays in this story. When he talks about H, all I can think of is how hard it is to mention her name. He just misses her so much. He feels that God is absent because he is in so much pain. He wants God to intervene and make him feel joy again. He misses his wife and wants to know why God would put him in that type of misery. He feels that he is not sure where H is at. He seems to not be assured that she is in heaven. When one of his friends died a while back, he knew that he was in heaven. He feels that God is giving him the silent treatment. I think he knows better.

No comments:

Post a Comment