
My earliest memory of literature has to be with Doctor Seuss books and a huge Disney book with every story ever made. I use to pretend that I could read them and tell the story to everyone...so my mom says. Growing up, I had some trouble reading. I read too slow. I was always behind in reading while all the other kids finished the assignment. I started competing with them then on who could read the most and best. I ended up winning and loving to read, even reading out loud in class. Lately, I have been reading books dealing with so many different areas, such as identity trouble...No No Boy, Quicksand, and so on, to reading about vampires…The Twilight Saga. Don't judge. It is an amazing series, except that last book. And yes. I am one of those twiHards. I hate the movies, but those books came to life for me. They made me look at life differently. I would have to say that that series is very significant to me. I've come to see that maybe there is a guy out there that isn't a complete jerk and could actually care about me. What I also love about these books is that the words became images. After a while, it was like I wasn't reading. It was more like if I was experiencing the curiosity, love, pain, and excitement. Literature matters because it causes you to understand areas of life that you might have never thought about, such as identity problems. It makes you more intelligent on the topic of life. I really don't think that literature doesn't matter at all in any way. It has purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment