Monday, September 20, 2010
My Boat When I'm Sinking
The book of Joel is such an interesting read. The locust were swarming the land and destroying everything. People were hungry and devastated. Their lives were falling apart. What do they do? They call out to God for help. God promises then deliverance and fulfills His promise. What an amazing God, but what hard headed people. I love this story because it can apply to everyone’s life. There are many people out there who are just apathetic about God. They do not really care to pray or read the Bible, and most importantly, seek God. When they go through a trial in their life, the locust, they panic and blame God for what is happening. They get angry at God and question Him and wonder why He would let such devastation happen in their lives. I think like the people in the book of Joel that they need to stop their whining and seek God. It is so easy for them to blame Him for their problems, but do they not realize that He is the ultimate deliver?! He is our Savior! Our hope when we cannot find hope in anyone or anything else. How about we change our wrong ways? How about we stop doing, seeing, speaking, etc., the things we know are wrong. He is always waiting to forgive us. He is their waiting for us to say, “God forgive me. Can you please help me?” I know for a fact that He will never let you down. See, the people in this story realized who heir redeemer was. They asked for forgiveness and God delivered them from their problems. They stopped complaining and started believing. I like how on page 3, the deliverance promised, it talks about how God is going to drive all their problems away. “I will remove the northern army far from you.” “I am going to send you grain, new wine, and oil, and you will be satisfied in full with them.” God can turn that problem around if we seek Him. He will send a greater blessing if we do. You may be sinking in the middle of a dark ocean right now, but can you see the light coming from the boat right in front of your face?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment