Monday, September 27, 2010

The Painting of Joel

When I heard that we were painting in Literature class, I thought to myself, what are in kindergarten? But then I found how beneficial it was. It really helped me understand what I had read. I like to express myself with drawings sometimes, and this time was one of them. My painting illustrates these two verses, “Then I will make up to you for the years that the swarming locust has eaten.””The Lord will be zealous for His land and will have pity on His people.” I loved how Job expressed hope in spite of all the darkness. My painting expresses these feelings. It shows that the land all worn and torn. It is pretty much dead. If you look closely though, you see some lighter colors, the new growth. The woman lying on the ground is laying there hopeless, alone, waiting to die in this misery. As she’s lying there, she sees that the dark black clouds are beginning to fade and how the sun and blue skies are breaking through. Life is brought back to her face and begins to renew her whole body. It is making her alive again. It is God’s love, mercy, and forgiveness filling her and the land. Everything is being renewed. God is blessing the woman and the land because she cried out for His help.
I can relate so much to these two verses. My life has felt empty and dead lately. Like I’m a zombie roaming around with no life in me. Then I read Joel. I am really glad we read this because it was a much needed read for me. God promises that he will renew those who lean on Him and ask for forgiveness. I know that even if my land feels dead, He will make everything new again.

2 comments:

  1. "God promises that he will renew those who lean on Him and ask for forgiveness."

    That's really good, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being transparent. This moved me to a taste of your perspective, and it was one I enjoyed. =~)

    ReplyDelete